Fresh from the press
- Qualitative Research: What is Narrative Research? A Brief SummaryPeople’s stories and narratives give a peek into the cultural and social context that quantitative studies cannot.
- Qualitative Research: What is Phenomenology?In this blog post, I briefly share my notes on qualitative research, particularly on phenomenology. I must admit that I am not an expert on …
- What is Academic Writing? 6 Things You Need to Know About Academic WritingWhat is academic writing? Is it the same as the pieces we read in the New York Times or Wall Street Journal? Academic writing is not rigid, but there are some ground rules that every student must know. Here are 6 things you need to know about academic writing.
- 7 Steps How to Be a Critical ReaderBeing a critical or analytical reader can save you so much time and can help you process the information more effectively.
- How to Write a Literature ReviewA literature review is a compilation of the sources, or literature that gives a background to what you want to study. However, it isn’t just a summary of the works you’ve read but it includes an analysis of the major works related to your research.
- Proofreading and Editing: What Students Need to Know When Editing Their ThesisMany postgraduate students think that proofreading and editing are the same things. However, there are a lot of differences in terms of what editing and proofreading cover. These are what students need to know when editing their thesis.